Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ab Workout - Trunk Twist

Trunk Twist

I have found my new FAVORITE ab workout! I have been trying to find an exercise to help add more curve to my mid section. I did a bit of research and found the muscles I need to target to "whittle my waist" are called the Transverse Adominals. Great I figured out what muscles to target, my next step was to find exercises that work that muscle. Most ab exercises that involve twisting, I discovered, work the Transverse Abs. This one is a killer! After a week I am already feeling and seeing results, therfore making it my new favorite ab exercise!!
Here is how to do it:
Lie face up on the floor, arms out to the side, and raise you feet, bending your knees to 90 degrees directly over your hips. keeping your legs together, brace your core and lower both knees to one sideas far as you can toward the floor keeping your shoulders flat on the floor. Pause, then return legs to starting position and repeat to opposite side.
I started with 3 sets of 12 towards both sides and am working my way towards more reps.
(*as with any exercise you must listen to your body if you are new to working out do not push yourself too hard ease into exercise as to not inflict injury)

No comments:

Post a Comment