Saturday, April 19, 2014

Clean Eating Recipe - Peanut Butter Cups

Clean Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
With only 3 ingredients these little nuggets are quick simple and absolutely amazing!!
I should mention though these are absolutely addicting and not 100% clean.  My choose to make the recipe quicker by using a chocolate bar for the chocolate layer instead of making my own chocolate sabotaged me from being able to classify this as fully clean ;-). However, I will note, the higher the concentration of cacao in your chocolate bar the higher the chances are of it being clean. I used a Scharffen Berger 82% Cacao bar so I guess I can say these are at least 82% clean! There are definitely times when shortcuts are worth it. When getting chocolate in my belly is a result of a shortcut, I am all for it! (I will be posting a homemade clean eating chocolate recipe soon that you can use as the chocolate here as well, stay tuned!)

Ingredients
1 cup fresh nut butter (I used fresh almond butter)*
2 Tbsp organic coconut oil melted
Dark chocolate bar

*In most health food stores such as Whole Foods, there are machines located in the bulk food bin section that you are able to put your choice of nuts in and turn them into fresh nut butter.

**Want a lower calorie treat there is a modified nut butter cup located at end of post :-)

In a medium bowl mix peanut butter with coconut oil. Once mixed well, split up the dough and place into each hole in a mini muffin tin. Press well into the bottom of each tin hole. Place in Freezer.

 Now melt your chocolate in a double broiler. Take tin out of freezer, using a spoon, place 1 to 2 spoonfuls of melted chocolate on top of peanut butter. 

Return to freezer for about 10 minutes or until chocolate hardens. Take a thin knife and press between peanut butter cup and tin. This should pop each cup out of their hole. Storing in the freezer is recommended.

**For lower calorie less clean version follow this ingredient list **
1/2 cup fresh peanut or almond butter
1/2 cup PB2
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp coconut oil
Dark chocolate bar

Mix PB2 powder with water in a medium bowl, then add fresh almond butter and coconut oil. The rest of preparation and storage recommendations are the same as above.
Enjoy your Peanut Butter Cups!!



No comments:

Post a Comment