Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Raw Recipe - Chocolate Energy Bar

Raw Chocolate Recipe



Im sure by now it has become apparent to those who have visited my site before that I have a major sweet tooth. Im constantly trying to find new ways to get cure my sweet tooth and ensure that my body is still fed with the proper nutrients it needs to look and feel its best. I love baked goods. Brownies, cakes, muffins, mmmmm. But the longer I go sticking to a mostly clean diet the harder it is for me to eat the versions of those things I can find in a store. So instead I make my own. These bites (which can also be made into a bar) are close to being a 100% raw food, gluten free and are infused with several superfoods! They taste as though I rolled brownie batter into a ball, The perfect healthy sweet tooth cure that can be eaten as a snack or dessert. Best part is they only take 10 minutes to make and are ready to eat immediately!

Ingredients

12 pitted raw Dates
3 Tbsp Cashews
3 Tbsp raw un-sweetend Coconut Flakes (2 for batter, 1 reserved for topping)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
4 Tsp raw Cacao Powder
4 Tsp raw Maca Powder
2 Tsp raw organic Honey

Place all ingredients into a food processor.

Once all ingredients are well blended together (dough will be coarse and have small chunks) take a full tablespoon full of dough and squeeze and roll into a ball using your hands.


Once all dough is rolled sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes on a cutting board and roll the balls in it until well coated (optional step)


Yields about 12 balls.
Store in refrigerator for up to a week.












No comments:

Post a Comment