Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kale Salad Recipe

I don't know about you but I, especially since becoming a mom, find it incredibly easy to be a creature of habit. When I grocery shop I have my essentials that I grab and go to make grocery shopping quick and efficient. But about two weeks ago while packing the kiddo's lunches I realized how bored I was with the usual fruit I have on hand.  Apples, mandarin oranges, grapes and frozen berries. I was then on a mission to find a new fruit we would all enjoy. I ended up grabbing an old favorite that I am now wondering how I ever neglected, Kiwi's!! Not only are they delicious, so sweet and juicy, but they are also a superfood. They are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Needless to say I have been adding them to any and everything I can! Guess you could say I am making up for lost time, haha. 
Here is an amazing gluten free, clean eating salad recipe I came up with. A must try, and it will now become my favorite go to salad for summer BBQ's. 
You must try it for yourself!

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped Kale
1 cup chopped Brussel Sprouts
2 tbsp Chopped Almonds
2 sliced Kiwis
1/2 Grapefuit peeled and sectioned
1/2 Lemon
1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt 
Honey

How To: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While it heats prepare the brussel sprouts. Once chopped toss them in 1/2 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt. Roast in oven for 4 minutes. These will add a nice crunch to the salad. 
Chop kale and place in medium sized bowl. Squeeze the lemon over kale and drizzle with remaining 
1 tbsp olive oil. Toss and hand massage kale until it starts to soften. 
Once cooled add roasted brussel sprouts and chopped almonds. Toss all together and top with kiwis and grapefruit.
Finish it off by drizzling honey over the top and Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment